Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Injured and the Hospital

An innocent game of volleyball turned into tragedy this past weekend. Yes, I've broken my first bone. I've knocked a piece of my bone clean off from it's family, and it's just floating around, inside my finger. Oh come on, the fingers are mighty important. 

On Monday I talked with my assistant and he took me to the hospital, and God bless Korean hospitals. Back home, with a broken finger you're looking at a 6 hour wait at least, but here I was in and out in an hour with x-rays and everything. I thought for sure that I would be splinted and taped and sent on my way. No. Of course not. Nothing is ever that simple. That wee little piece of bone has to pinned back into place. Surgery. In Korea. 

So goes my life. More details after the whole ordeal is over on Friday. 

Until then...


No comments:

Post a Comment