Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I need a vacation

America is a very dangerous country.
How could he buy many guns?
How did he buy bombs?
Everyone has guns in America.
I heard on news, 30 people die a day in America from guns.

That was my Monday morning class. My response was to snap at my loveliest of students and say that I don't know, people are crazy, no I don't own a gun, dear God let's just talk about something else like prepositions of time.
Then my air con stopped working in the classroom and the eight men in the class are all trying to figure out what's wrong, pressing buttons, standing in front of the thing waving their arms (because that helps), and when I finally asked, after being ignored for ten minutes, "Is it out of coolant?" Ahhhh, yes. You are genius Jennifer.

My air con in my apartment isn't working so I'm surviving the 98-100 degree weather with two fans. Now, my internet in the apartment doesn't work either. 

I need a vacation. And I'm going on one. In two days. So bring it on Korea. Bring on your heat, your faulty electronics, and your men who can't fix nothing (I just need air con!) because in two days, I'll be on a beach in Malaysia. I'll be swinging in a hammock strung up between two palm trees, drinking from a coconut, phone turned off, with no sounds but the waves and tropical birds. I'll have good friends beside, and we'll be lazy from the heat, and drunk off the jungle breeze. My biggest worry will be if I should go snorkeling or kayaking in the afternoon. 

Reality, thou art an evil shrew, and I bid you adieu. 

1 comment: