Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Those people.

You know when you get so incredibly, obnoxiously, disgustingly lazy and you let things go that you normally wouldn't. Yeah. I'm not like that. I'm not one of those people. Those people who leave dishes all around their room, empty water bottles crowding the desk so much that they have no room for a cell phone charger, much less a laptop. You know the people I'm talking about. The ones who don't put a new trash bag in the garbage and have a million shoes around the doorway because they can't be bothered with it. The only reason the sink isn't full is because they had to wash a cup, spoon, and bowl for dinner that night; they had run out of clean dishes. When they Skype with friends, the friend will ask, "Hey, is that our bra I see hanging in the kitchen?" Clean clothes and dirty clothes piled together, that they just sniff to see if it smells good. Wet clothes still in the washer from two nights ago. I mean gross.

If I was one of those people, I would panic at the thought of having someone enter my domain of chaos. The thought would drive me to paranoia. They would judge you and wrinkle their noses. They would be unable to hide their disgust for your apartment and their distaste for you as a person. If I was one of those people and saw the air conditioning man down the hallway thinking he was heading to my place next, I would probably run into my apartment and begin to frantically clean. Then I would end up throwing away two garbage bags and a heap of recyclables, re-start the washer from two nights ago, and throw all of those clothes (dirty and clean) on my bed and cover it with a blanket.

But I'm not one of those people.

1 comment: