Friday, October 21, 2011

Apartment

Finally, now that I have internet access in the apartment and have acquired necessary appliances, such as a fridge and microwave, you can view pictures of my apartment. Now, for those of you looking to move to Korea, my apartment is not common. I have a two bedroom while most people in larger cities have studios. So don't get your hopes up. If you'd like to see what a more modern, more common city apartment just look here.

Bedroom 

Bathroom
Notice how there is no shower curtain. There is a drain that lines the outside of the tub that helps maintain flooding on the floor. It doesn't, however, help with the flooding on every other surface. Also, it is rare to have a tub in Korea. Most places just have the adjustable shower head. 
Living room
The little closet like room all the way in the back to the right is my "laundry room".
Kitchen
I waited two weeks for that fridge and it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. See how there is no stove? No baking. This could be good for my health. No brownies for a year. Must. Stay. Positive.
The second bedroom. There's nothing there, but here's the door to show it exists.
Entryway
The black and gray striped thing on the side is a screen that you can pull to the side in the summer to let cool air in and keep bugs out.
Peephole
Inconveniently placed
Welcome to Korea.

3 comments:

  1. YAY Pictures!! It looks so quaint, perfect for a city apartment. Not much to clean... and yay for a fridge!! Sorry about no oven. Though I will say that during an ice storm in College, Bonnie and I cooked cookies on a tray sitting on a rack over 15 tea lights. :-)
    Lovely picture of you and the peep hole- if they could see in then they would be in for a real treat of a view! ;-)
    I am so glad you finally have internet, a fridge, shareable pictures, and skype capabilities! I love you so very much cousin and as always you are in my prayers.
    HUGS to you cousin-W!
    PS can you email me your address (yo_amo_pollo@hotmail.com)? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap. Look at how much space there is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cousin, I don't know the address yet. Umm...something like LG umm Naju-si, Korea?

    Stupid Ugly Foreigner! I feel like I just scored major points in the blogging world. Really, your writing is superb. Yes, apartment is large, but I did state that it was a rarity. I was afraid of all the other ESL teachers in Korea getting mad at me so I did preface with that.

    ReplyDelete